Friday, March 28, 2014

bike ride to skolka

This morning, Martin and the girls put on their helmets and gloves, got on their bikes and set off of the 4 min bike ride to preschool. Now in a quiet house, I am sitting here thankful. So thankful. This bike ride to school is a special ritual at our house that has been put on hold for a long time. How good it feels to brush the dust off and start it again, despite the cold rainy morning!

'The apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith!' Luke 17:5
I am thankful this morning not because things seem more normal and a little more healthy here in our home, but because I can feel the way my heart, my hope and my faith have been stretched. I want to take this moment, freeze it and remember it so that it can be a building block in my faith. I admit that there were times this winter that I did fear that when spring would come, this morning wouldn't happen. That the bikes would stay inside. Not only because Martin was ill, but the girls were also sick for so long. That this morning would never happen again.

Even in that fear, I could feel the shift in my heart moving from longing for health to asking for faith.

So this bike ride is news and it does mean something for today. It doesn't promise anything for the future, but it reminds me that change happens and that God is healing our little family in many ways. Who knows if next week it will happen again. 'Lord, increase my faith today.'


2 comments:

  1. So happy for this moment of Spring! Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm Lindsey! I have a question and would love to speak with you. Please email me when you have a moment, thanks so much! lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom

    ReplyDelete